I think our organic dried white mulberries are pretty awesome just as they are.
But recently, I found this Mulberry Granola Recipe on the website “Elana’s Pantry” and I can’t seem to get enough of it. My body seems to be telling me I need this.
Not only is it super-tasty but virtually every ingredient is a superfood, including; dried white mulberries, walnuts, cinnamon and dates.
Because it’s the season, lately I’ve been topping it off with fresh blueberries. Wow!
Dried White Mulberry Granola
- 4 cups walnuts
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup water
- 4 dates, pitted
- 5 dried apricots,
- chopped ½ cup dried white mulberries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I've been doubling this.)
- Soak walnuts and salt overnight in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish
- Rinse the walnuts, rinse the baking dish, then place the nuts back in the baking dish
- Place nuts in oven on lowest setting (our oven is 135°) and dehydrate for 24 hours or until crispy
- Once nuts are dehydrated, remove from oven and set aside
- Place dates and water in food processor and pulse until a smooth paste forms
- Add walnuts, apricots, mulberries and cinnamon and pulse until coarse, like granola
- Place in oven in 9 x 13 inch baking dish and dehydrate again for 24 hours or until crispy
- Serve as a snack or as cereal with Almond Milk