Benefits of Jiaogulan (Gynostemma) in Plain English
WHAT ARE THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF JIAOGULAN ?
Quite simply, because you will feel better and live longer. Jiaogulan is a treasure from the ancient past that is now scientifically proven to help with almost all of the diseases associated with aging.
No other herb or drug does so much and it has no side effects for most people.
Feel More Energy – Jiaogulan improves blood flow bringing more oxygen to the entire body.  It also activates you most important metabolic controller AMPK which when activated, provides more energy and reduced fat storage. [i]
Like How You Look In the Mirror – With increased metabolism and improved fat burning you’ll find it easier to lose weight. Research shows jiaogulan is especially powerful in reducing dangerous abdominal fat. [ii]
Stop Counting Every Grain of Sugar – In a 2010 study reported in the Journal “Homone and Metabolic Research”, researchers gave diabetics jiaogulan tea 3 times per day for 12 weeks and compared the results to a control group given regular green tea.
When compared to the control group, the jiaogulan drinkers experienced,
500% greater improvement blood glucose levels, 900% greater improvement in insulin levels and a siginificant improvement in insulin resistance compared to the control group who’s average insulin resistance actually worsened a small amount. [iii]
Enjoy Your Love Life Again – Jiaogulan increases blood flow to all parts of the body, including the genitals. Improved genital blood flow results in increased sexual activity and reported pleasure. Jiaogulan is widely used in China for treating erectile dysfunction and enhanced female sexual interest. [iv]
Get Relief From Daily Aches and Pains – Jiaogulan increases you body’s natural SOD production, which in turn reduces chronic inflammation. [v] It also increases production of Nitric Oxide, which is a powerful anti-inflammatory.[v]
Think More Clearly and Improve Your Memory – Jiaogulan has been shown to improve cognition and spatial recognition by stimulating increased blood flow to the brain. Researchers also found in multiple studies that jiaogulan exhibits a neuroprotective effect and it is under development as a potential aide to Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s. [vi] [vii]
Stop Catching Every Passing Flu or Cold – Increased blood flow through improved Nitric Oxide levels, increased anti-oxidant power achieved with improved natural SOD production both are shown to greatly strengthen the immune system making you less vulnerable to seasonal bugs. [viii]
Save Money and Break the Stranglehold of Big Pharma – How much money to you spend every year on prescription drugs? Are they really helping? Three simple cups of delicious tea each day could save you thousands of dollars and let big pharma know they’ve failed again to keep a person from finding natural answers for their health.
- [i] AMP-activated protein kinase, a metabolic master switch: possible roles in type 2 diabetes. Am J Physiol. 1999
- [ii] New dammarane-type glucosides as potential activators of AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) from Gynostemma pentaphyllum. Bioorg Med Chem. 2011 Nov 1;19(21):6254-60.
- [iii] “Antidiabetic Effect of Gynostemma pentaphyllum Tea in Randomly Assigned Type 2 Diabetic Patients, Horm Metab Res 2010; 42(5)
- [iv] “A Review: Herbs Used as Sex Stimulants”, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Technology Volume 3, Number 1, January-June 2011,
- [v] “Therapeutic potential of superoxide dismutase (SOD) for resolution of inflammation” Inflamm. res. (2006) 55: 359.
- [vi] “Neuroprotective Effects of Herbal Ethanol Extracts from Gynostemma pentaphyllum in the 6-Hydroxydopamine-Lesioned Rat Model of Parkinson's Disease”, Molecules 2010, 15(4), 2814-2824
- [vii] “Preconditioning of brain slices against hypoxia induced injury by a Gynostemma pentaphyllum extract – Stimulation of anti-oxidative enzyme expression,” PhytomedicineVolume 19, Issues 8–9, 15 June 2012, Pages 812–818
- [viii] “Review: Free radicals, antioxidants, and the immune system,” Ann Clin Lab Sci Spring 2000 vol. 30 no. 2 145-158a
As always, I am not a doctor and not qualified to offer medical advice. If you have any concerns about our products or their potential interactions with your condition or other medications you might be taking, PLEASE do discuss with your doctor.
Our products have not been evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided on our site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional.